Monday, October 3, 2011

Somalia Gandhi Stamp - Why you will quit Gandhi Philately or Stamp Collections -Part-7

Hello Gandhi Collectors,


In 1969 Somalia honored Mahatma Gandhi by issuing 3 stamps. Somalia was the only country to issue 3 stamps in 1969 even though more than 20 countries issued stamp of Mahatma Gandhi in 1969 to celebrate 100th Anniversary of birth (1869 -1969). (India issued 4 stamps + 3 Postcards.) & Mauritius issued 6 stamps.!!

All 3 stamps are very nicely design and one of them also have dove (symbol of peace) in it. But there is no peace since 1991, Civil War broke out and  no central government has controlled the entirety of the country, despite several attempts to establish a unified central government.

What I noticed in my last 3 years, 1969 Somalia stamp is the most volatile stamp after 10 Rupees Gandhi stamp. I think reason for this volatile in Somalia Gandhi stamp is one of the dealer has  large quantity of this stamps and you will be lucky if you get it at cheap price because he will make sure it goes to certain price. !!!

Recently this 3 stamps were sold for under $3 in a auction and I was one of the bidder on 3 stamps, but I did not get it.!! Also FDC with 3 stamps also sells around $18.





From above 2 screen shot you can notice that 3 stamps were sold under $3 and FDC was sold under $18.!!! I think this is a fair value for next 2-3 years.!!

If you notice that one bidder was me upto 2.10 euros. So think of the price if I was not bidder.!!!

Also look at the interest of buyer bidding, almost at the end of auction.!!! This is known as real purchase.!!

So please look at all this factor before you buy it.  Don't just buy, because you need this stamp in your collection. See what are trends going on in Gandhi stamps and watch pattern of buying and selling.

I was not aware of this when I jump in Gandhi Philately and I paid very high price which I don't think it will ever reach at that price unless I start increasing price and stop writing about my experience.!! (BTW: I paid $18 for this 3 stamps.!!).

Do you why I paid this much price.? Because there was all kind of material about Gandhi Stamps but no where I can find information about Price of Gandhi Stamps and Philatelic material, what's going on in Gandhi Philately such as FAKE items, useless items, what to collect etc so I was alone fighting with this dealers.!! but that all gave me enough experience which I am using now to educate others.!!! 

Also what I learned in 3 years that this stamps you can buy it any time because there are enough for every Gandhi collectors and all experienced collector already have it. Also don't think there are lot of new collectors are joining in Gandhi Philately.!! But  I think in future they will be as price will stable down from current rate.!

If you like this post then you will like following blog posts related to Somalia stamps.

http://gandhiphilately.blogspot.com/2010/04/gandhi-stamp-value-declining-part-2.html

http://gandhiphilately.blogspot.com/2010/01/gandhi-stamp-value-declining.html

I hope this will help to new collectors and they don't have to quit Gandhi Philately.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment